What is Global Volunteer program?
Does Global Volunteer program has any cost? What expenses are covered with the fee?
- AIESEC fee covers: Outgoing Preparation Seminar, personalized service from AIESEC representatives, Incoming Preparation Seminar, AIESEC certification of exchange and more.
- AIESEC fee does not cover: Flight ticket, VISA, international insurance, any kind of money expenditure during the experience, etc.
Is accommodation and food provided during the Global Volunteer program?
What will I gain from Global Volunteer program?
- Engage with all kinds of people towards achieving a purpose bigger than yourself. It’s how you can empower others.
- Volunteering abroad isn’t easy, but surpassing challenges is what makes it worth it. You learn how to be solution-oriented.
- Making your contribution and seeing your impact in real-time will show you that you can indeed make a difference the world. Become that world citizen that’s needed more than ever.
- Going beyond what you know opens up new worlds for you. Find your values, explore your passions, and become more self-aware.
What is the process I need to follow in order to go on a Global Volunteer exchange?
- Create your account at http://auth.aiesec.org
- Book and assist to a Consultancy Meeting with AIESEC at your university.
- Complete your profile and start applying to our opportunities at https://aiesec.org/search
- Have an online interview with AIESEC project manager of host country.
- Get accepted in the project, sign AIESEC documents and pay AIESEC fee.
- Attend to AIESEC Outgoing Preparation Seminar at your university.
- Buy your flight tickets, international insurance, do your VISA process and you are ready to go on an amazing life changing experience.
Why 6 weeks for Global Volunteer?
Our Global Volunteer is catered for 6 weeks because each week you will experience an element of change that is designed by professionals.
I have been through an exchange journey, for the first two weeks, I was experiencing culture shock and adapting myself. Starting from the third week, I discovered more about myself. At the end, I felt I was not ready to go back home! 🙂
Recommendations and TIPS during your application process:
- Always check the email you provided during your registration process.
- Always stay in touch with your Experience Manager to follow up in your application.
- Check our AIESEC in Thailand Facebook Page for our special promotions.
- Read carefully all the project details before applying to any opportunity.
- Be aware about the VISA requirements of the country you are applying.
To which countries can I go on Global Volunteer program?
What are Global Volunteer projects about?
What Sustainable Development Goals or SDGs are?
AIESEC is a non-governmental not-for-profit organisation in consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), affiliated with the UN DPI, member of ICMYO, and is recognized by UNESCO. AIESEC International is registered as a Foundation (Stichting), RSIN #807103895 in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.